Q: What is the address of the Zachary Police Station?
A: 4510 Main Street / P.O. Box 310

Q: What is the phone number for a non-emergency call?
A: (225) 654-9393

Q: Is the Chief of Police elected or appointed?
A: Elected

Q: How many policemen are located on Zachary’s police force?
A: 39 officers (including Chief and Assistant Chief) & 9 Communications Officers (incl. Supervisor)

Q: What area of Zachary does the police department cover?
A: Everything within the city limits of Zachary

Q: Who handles the area outside of the city limits of Zachary?
A: The Sheriff’s Department of whichever parish the area is in (East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office or East Feliciana Sheriff’s Office)

Q: How do I find out if there are any openings for a Zachary Police Officer?
A: Call the Chief’s office  at 654-0073

Q: What are the qualifications of a police officer in Zachary?
A: Must be at least 18 years old, be a high school graduate (GED accepted), and have a valid driver’s license. After offer of employment, applicant must also pass a physical examination, physical fitness test and psychological test.

Q: Can I be a reserve officer?  What does a reserve officer do?
A: Reserve applications can be picked up at the police department. Reserve officers assist officers on shift as well as assist with security at the youth park, school activities, and other city functions.

Q: How can I get a copy of a police report?
A: Reports can be picked up at the police department 5-7 business days from the date of the incident. The cost starts at $10.00. To inquire about a report, call our Records Department at 654-1904 or email aguidry@zacharypd.org . Please include the file number, date, location and person involved.

Q: I lost my ticket and don’t remember my court date or the fine amount, what should I do?
A: Call Zachary City Court at 654-0444 for all questions regarding traffic citation fines and court dates.

Q: How can I get a Restraining Order?
A: Contact the EBR Clerk of Court at (225) 389-4705

Q: Can I hire an off-duty officer for security?
A: Yes. Contact the police department for more information.

Q: I locked my keys in my car, can you send an officer to unlock it?
A: No. However, if there is a child locked in the car, the fire department will assist you.

Q: My child is missing, what should I do?
A: Call 9-1-1.

Q: Can anything be done about a child that constantly runs away?
A: Yes. Call the police department for assistance.

Q: Under what circumstances are photo’s of missing persons released to the media?
A: All missing persons’ photos are released to the media.

Q: Does the Zachary Police Department participate in the Amber Alert Program?
A: Yes.

Q: What should I do if my car has been stolen?
A: Call the police department and notify your insurance company immediately.

Q: Does the City of Zachary have their own jail?
A: We have a holding facility to hold arrestees temporarily. All arrestees are booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.

Q: How can I pick someone up from jail, after they have been arrested by a Zachary Officer?
A: Contact the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison information line at 1-800-414-7685.

Q: My car was towed, where does the Zachary Police take them?
A: We use several tow companies. Call the police department to find out where your car was stored.

Q: Someone just called my house wanting me to donate money to help the Zachary Police Department, how do I know if it is legitimate?
A: The police department does not solicit donations by phone.  Call the Chief’s office (654-0073) to confirm or report any solicitation for donations for the police department.

Q: Can you tell me if I live near a Sex Offender? 
A: Use the link to the Louisiana State Police website to find sex offenders in your area.  www.lsp.org/socpr

Q: Is there a curfew for my teenager in Zachary?
A: Zachary City Ordinances, Section 58-2003 states: “A juvenile may not remain in a public place or on the premises of an establishment between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. except on Friday and Saturday nights, when the hours shall begin at 1:00 a.m. and end at 5:00 a.m.”  Please call the police department for additional information, including exceptions and penalties.

Q: My child is on drugs, can I call you to help if they are out of control?
A. Yes, call the police department for assistance.

Q: My neighbor has several cars in his yard that are not running condition, can anything be done about this?
A: You can call anonymously and give the location of the vehicles and if necessary, begin the abatement process.

Q: My house alarm went off at my house, will the Zachary Police Department come to investigate?
A: The police will respond to all alarms that are called in to our office.

Q: Will there be a charge for my alarm going off at my house by accident?
A: Upon the third FALSE ALARM, you will be charged a fee of $25.  Each subsequent false alarm thereafter within the calendar year shall increase by $25 with a cap at $200 upon the tenth false alarm response.

Q: I am opening a business in Zachary, where do I get a business license?
A: Applications for business licenses (also known as Occupational Licenses) can be picked up at Planning and Zoning.

Q: Is there a neighborhood watch program that the Zachary Police Department can help me organize?
A: Yes. Please call the police department for more information.

Q: Does the Zachary Police Department speak at neighborhood meetings?
A: Yes, please call the police department for more information.

Q: Does the Zachary Police Department fingerprint for ID’s?
A: No. Fingerprinting is provided at Louisiana State Police Headquarters.

Q: How do I file a complaint against a Zachary Police Officer?
A: Contact our Internal Affairs Division at 654-9393.

Q: What do I do if I someone steals my checks or forges my checks?
A: Call the police department and notify your bank or financial institution immediately.

Q: How many calls a year on the average does the police department receive?
A: About 15,000